- 3 lb. Chicken
- 1 stalk scallion
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 regular sized carrots
- 1 oz. soy sauce
- 1 sprig. thyme (chopped)
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- ½ oz lime juice
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- Wash the chicken in water with the lime juice.
- Clean & cut chicken into small pieces.
- With the exception of the oil and ketchup, combine the chicken and all the other seasonings-including soy sauce.
- Rub all the ingredients into the chicken and allow to marinate for a few hours (even overnight, if possible).
- Remove the tomatoes,scallion and other easily removed seasonings from the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil- well hot, and fry all the chicken pieces until brown.
- Add all the seasonings in the same saucepan along with the tomato ketchup and carrot.
- Add water
- Cover and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Serve it up!