Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
A popular Jamaican chicken recipe in Kingston blended with curry powder.
2 tbsps. vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. curry powder
3/4 cup chicken breast cubed,
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup potato diced
1/2 cup water
2 tbsps. Chicken stock
1/4 cup grated ginger
1/4 cup coconut milk
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic until golden brown.
2. Add the curry powder, stir to mix thoroughly, and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and stir well to coat the meat in the curry mixture.
4. Add the onion, potato and a quarter-cup stock, and stir-fry over medium heat
until the potato is just cooked.
5. Stir in the chicken stock, ginger and coconut milk, and simmer gently until the sauce thickens.
6. Turn into a bowl and serve.